Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New things to come in February!

Hey everyone!

I'm working on "spicing" up things a bit starting in February. Posting only twice a week doesn't seem to offer many opportunities for discussions or thoughts. Doing two movies a week is great, but I want to add more to the project and make it more interesting.

So here's some of my ideas. I don't know yet which ones I'll do, but any feedback, ideas, or comments from you are always welcome.

1) Interviews. What I'm thinking is trying to get interviews from people who are inside the movie business, getting some "Insider Info" about their job, but also their personal opinions and preferences on movies. I'm also thinking about doing interviews with people like YOU- people who are movie fanatics, movie buffs, or just movie watchers. It would be a great way for everyone who wants a more personal involvement in the project to get that. (I'd take volunteers if anyone is interested!)

2) Off-List Movies/2017 List Movies. The former would basically be what I do with the movies on the list, but it would be on movies that are not on the list. It would be both new and old movies, such as Edward Scissorhands and/or Avatar. The latter would be doing movies that would potentially be on AFI's "2017" list (supposing that they continue with the tradition of republishing a list every ten years). If people have a particular movie that they think would end up on the "2017" list, they could send me a message or post a comment with that movie suggestion and I could take it into consideration and possibly post about it here. (All suggestions would be given credit unless the suggester requested to remain anonymous.)

3) Movie Trivia Game. If I add on this one, I would do it once or twice a month and give away a movie-related prize. (Off the top of my head, I'm thinking either movie tickets, DVDs, Blockbuster gift card, or Best Buy gift card as possibilities. I don't have a ton of money to spend, and the cost would be out-of-pocket, but I would be willing to do this if enough people wanted to participate.)

4) Video Posts. This one would depend on how well my computer wanted to comply. What I am picturing for this would be videos of a variety of movie-related things- this idea is still in development, so I don't have anything pin-pointed for this. Perhaps some spoofs of movies in less than a couple of minutes (it would be the ultimate definition of low-budget), maybe some video-interviews with people (as per idea #1), or something with a bit of movie-history. (Again, this idea is still a bit raw, so it'll get a little cleaner later if this is one I decide to go with.)

I am very interested in reader-feedback, if any one is indeed reading this. ;) Any suggestions, preferences on which of my ideas you'd like to see me do, or anything! It is all greatly appreciated.

To make it easier, on the right side of the blog is a poll, and the current poll is about which of these suggestions you would like to see happen. Thank you for reading!

No comments: